Aug 27, 2009
Posted by: Jennifer email@example.com
Grab yourself a Betty Crocker Super Moist Lemon cake mix and follow the instructions. Then add in some Organic Dried Blueberries (about a cup, but you can always add more depending on how much you like the lemon to blueberry ratio) and then to make the frosting in a small mixing bowl add 1 cup of powdered sugar along with 2 teaspoons of milk, then add some lemon juice (I like squeezing the juice myself) and add anywhere from 2-5 teaspoons (depending on how much lemon you like to have). Its very simple but tastes amazing!
Awesome Blueberry Ice Cream
4 cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
1 quart whole cream (whipping cream or 1/2 and 1/2 depending on how decadent you want to be)
2 egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 lemon, juice and zest
pinch of salt.
Puree berries, set aside. Melt sugar into water with lemon juice and zest on low to about 125 degrees.. In separate pan, heat cream to approx 100 degrees. Mix berry puree into sugar (simple syrup) solution keeping at 125 degrees until bright blue, but not cooked.
In large mixing bowl, combine beaten yolks and salt, slowly mix cream in, wisking constantly. Add blueberry mixture, place in refrigerator to chill for about 45 minutes.
Put cooled mixture into 5 qt ice cream maker and follow instructions. Makes about 1.5 quarts.
• 1 small lemon
• 2 cups buttermilk
• ½ cup sugar
• ⅛ t salt
• 2 cups assorted fresh fruit (halved strawberries, chopped peaches, chopped nectarines, blueberries, or raspberries)
• garnish: lemon leaves, halved strawberries. blueberries, raspberries, and nectarine wedges
About 3 ½ hours before serving or early in day:
1. Line twelve 2 1/2" by 1 1/4" muffin pan cups with fluted paper baking cups.
2. Into large bowl, grate peel from lemon. Add buttermilk, sugar, and salt; mix until blended. Gently stir in 1 1/4 cups fruit. Spoon mixture into muffin pan cups. Top with remaining 3/4 cup fruit (some fruit will stay above mixture for pretty color). Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
3. To serve, peel off paper baking liners from dessert. Let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes to soften slightly for easier eating. Garnish each serving with lemon leaves, strawberry halves, blueberries, raspberries, and nectarine wedges.
Makes 12 servings. About 70 calories per serving.